Having an attitude of gratitude changes the way you look at things, changes the way you feel about things and automatically makes you feel better about the things around you and the life you are living.
If you feel good about life you are putting up no resistance. Most of us feel we have to have resistance to life because if we don’t have our guard up to block out negativity life may throw us even more crap.
When in truth the very opposite is true.
The more resistance we put up the more crap life throws at us trying to knock it down.
Let go of the resistance and be grateful for what you have and you will get more things to be grateful for.
It’s time we stop complaining that this happened or that happened and recognise that it happened for a reason. If we can’t see the reason, we must look for it, there’s a lesson in there somewhere. It may have been to teach us resilience, or courage, maybe it was to get us out of our comfort zone. There is probably a lesson to learn.
All negative experiences are life’s teachers. Learn the lesson and move on. If you don’t learn the lesson, life will find another way of teaching you – bringing another negative experience into your life.
We must endeavor to find and take all positives from what ever happened, be grateful for the lesson, for the experience.
We all have way more than we think to be grateful for.
Before you go to bed at night write down and say out loud 5 things about your day that you are grateful for.
The great thing about doing this is that it has not one but two major effects on you.
You look for the positives in the day and find them, shifting your outlook from negative to positive.
If you go to sleep thinking of good things you are more likely to get a better night’s sleep.
If you are still not convinced that being grateful for everything in your life is a good thing – ask yourself this: what have I got to lose by trying it?
Adopting and attitude of gratitude cannot bring anything bad into your life only good.
Here are 11 of my favourite quotes to back me up on this:
1. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happen to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
3. Don't let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone. – Stephen King
4. Gratitude is a antidote to negative emotions, a neutraliser of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savouring, it is not taking things for granted, it is present orientated. - Sonja Lynbomiesky
5. Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. – William Arthur Ward
6. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience. - Roy T. Bennett
7. Gratitude is one of the sweetest shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there is always something to be grateful for. - Barry Neil Kaufman
8. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… it turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. - Melody Beattie
9. It is not happy people that are thankful. It is thankful people that are happy. – Unknown
10. Today be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold, and your health is wealth. – Zig Ziglar
11. You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. - Sarah ban Breathnach
I hope you enjoyed reading Try Adopting an Attitude of Gratitude and see the Difference It Can Make in Your Life if you did you may enjoy Three Little Things to do each day that Will Change Your Life
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.