Negativity can become all consuming, it can seep in from negative people and the negative environments they create when you’re not looking. Learn how to recognise toxic people and how to protect yourself, your mindset and your inner peace.
Some are obvious and are quite clearly toxic / negative, others masquerade as positive people and get you with little doses, gradually increasing the intensity and how often they hit you with it. These ones are the most dangerous because in between the toxic hits they will be charming and may even seem fun to be with. Learn to recognise negativity and toxic people (tip - they tend to like drama, gossip, complaining, blaming etc.) then start to distance yourself physically if you can, and if you can’t (it is often found in the workplace) distance yourself mentally – don’t join in the gossip, complaining or drama and limit your engagement with toxic personalities.
If you can, then create a physical distance from the negativity if you can’t do that straight away, learn to be so positive you can distance yourself even whist in its presence.
Here are 31 Quotes to help you to distance yourself from the negativity.
1. Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace. - Roy T Bennett
2. The one that broke you cannot heal you. - Najwa Zebian
3. Being a good person has nothing to do with allowing people to destroy you. – Bryant McGill
4. Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a point at which you finally decide to let go. - Wilfred James
5. When the flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment it grows in - not the flower. - Alexander Den Heijer
6. Don't let someone dim your light, simply because it's shining in their eyes. – Unknown
7. If you are lacking a positive environment, create one. – Brendon Burchard
8. Remove every toxic thing from your life, start from the roots. – Unknown
9. Be around people that make you want to be a better person, who make you feel good, make you laugh, and remind you what's important in life. – Germany Kent
10. As I got older, I started to cut out food that was bad for me. As I got wiser I did the same with people. - Steve Maraboli
11. Toxic environments are not the result of spontaneous bad fortune. They are the result of toxic leaders. – Unknown
12. Pick your battles. You don't have to show up to every argument you're invited to. – Mandy Hale
13. If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore. - Michelle Ruiz
14. Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. - Roy T. Bennett
15. If your circle doesn’t motivate you, you are in the wrong one. – Unknown
16. Toxic people will not be changed by your kindness. Yes, be kind, but move on swiftly and let life be their educator. – Brendon Burchard
17. Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company. - George Washington
18. People in therapy are often in therapy to deal with the people in their lives who won't go to therapy. – Unknown
19. When people hurt you over and over think of them as sandpaper, they may scratch and hurt you a bit, but you end up polished and they end up useless. - Chris Colfer
20. If people are trying to bring you down, it only proves you are already above them. – Unknown
21. People will kill you over time, and how they'll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like 'be realistic'. - Dylan Moran
22. You must find the courage to leave the table where respect is no longer being served. – Tene Edwards
23. Rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of you as they please. – Pythagoras
24. Only people who are not happy with themselves are mean to others. Remember that. – Unknown
25. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy. – Unknown
26. Toxic is when they can't let you go but can't treat you right either. – Unknown
27. People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely. - Hans F Hansen
28. Surround yourself with positive people and situations and avoid negativity. - Doreen Virtue
29. How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. - Dr Wayne Dyer
30. Never stop being a good person because of bad people. – Unknown
31. I don't want to suffer, so excuse me if I remove myself from situations that suck all of my energy. - Sylvester McNutt
If you enjoyed these quotes on Learning to Distance Yourself from Negativity and Achieve Inner Peace you may enjoy
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.